Call us on 0800 311 8140 - or complete our Free Quote Form below.
How does Air Conditioning work?
Is air conditioning magic? Well, not exactly – lets explore how air conditioning works…
Generally, air conditioning units are effective because of the exact control of:
- Air flow
- Humidity (water content in the air)
Air is either cooled or heated by its circulation through the air conditioning unit, before being released into the room.
Let’s take a more detailed look at the cooling process:
How does an air conditioning unit cool air?
- When a room is too hot, excess heat is absorbed by a liquid chemical (known as a refrigerant).
- The refrigerant then transforms into a gas as it absorbs this heat, the gas travelling along copper tubes and into an outdoor unit.
- The gas changes back into a cold liquid, returning to the indoor unit, and then cold air is fanned out into the room.
- This process is automatically on a cycle, and is controlled by the unit itself.
- In this way – the liquid chemical transforming into a gas and back to a cold liquid – you’ll feel the benefits of cooling air conditioning.
Air Conditioning can heat air too!
- For the heating mode in air conditioning units, think of heating cycles as the above cooling cycle in reverse. That is to say, a heat pump detects and draws from the air available heat – yes, even in sub zero temperatures! The major advantage? There’s no need for cost-heavy boilers.
How does Air Conditioning kill airborne nasties?
Plasma filtration of microorganisms is crucial. Electrical fields are used to efficiently filter bacteria and viruses, allowing for a cleaner, healthier atmosphere in both residential and industrial environments. Initially used in hospitals, plasma filtration allows for the successful removal of airborne particles such as:
- Paint fumes
- Mould spores
- Fine dust
- Dust mites
- Tobacco smoke
Filters can be easily installed, maintained, and cleaned.
With regular maintenance, filters can last several years with no drop in efficiency.
Get in touch
We are the nation’s favourite air conditioning service for:
- Repairs & Servicing
We have installers and repair professionals operating throughout the UK, working with thousands of satisfied customers – call us today on 0800 311 8140
Get your Free Quote for Air Conditioning Installation, Service or Repair
- Free Quote within 24 hours
- Lines open 24 hours a day 7 days a week
- Nationwide Air Conditioning
- Engineer teams work 24 hours a day
- Friendly advice on 0800 311 8140